Sunday, January 25, 2009

Visit From an Apostle


Today I got to shake hands with an Apostle. Robert D. Hales spoke at our Stake Conference (for the Hobble Creek West stake). What a gentle, approachable and fabulous man. It has definitely been a blessing to hear from him. Sometimes I get stuck in the rut of being enclosed-enclosed in a kind of box that does not allow me to give myself the right and/or ability to move forward-to forgive myself. To cut myself slack. When I was in Elder Hales's presence (after the conference concluded I had the chance to meet him in the lobby), that melted away for a moment. While speaking, his counsel was not perfunctory or scripted. It was just wisdom. Just hope. I have NO DOUBT that the moments of doubt and fear that come to each of us are intended to make us grow, be stronger, and be more aware of GOD. I am greatful for the opportunity to have those times. They are neccesary. But today it was just nice to bask in the glow of gentleness and kindness of an Apostle-AN APOSTLE who brought love and caring, counsel and wisdom to US(and in a way, I feel to ME in particualr). I am grateful to Elder Hales. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I agree fully. I felt that glow. It was terrific! It is so nice to get a boost like that visit. Happy happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Cherranne! I bet he was happy to me you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to find words to express how Elder Hales visit felt and at last I have found them. On your blog. Great post Cheranne. YOU are the best!
    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet, Dona! :-) And Seed, We'll talk! ;-) (Hello Kitty style!)

    ReplyDelete