Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Dream Concert! ARGERICH-CHERRANNE'S GREAT WOMEN SERIES

****CHERRANNE'S GREAT WOMEN SERIES****

MARTHA ARGERICH- ♫Pianist♫

This is a YouTube video of Ms. Argerich performing the First movement or so of the fabled "Rach 3" in the early '80's.

Martha Argerich is one of my HEROES. The effortlessness with which She tackles the Piano keys is SO UNREAL!!!!!!! I have heard tell that she memorizes music to be played in concert on a plane (without practice), and then PERFORMS without a hitch. I am APPALLED at that kind of sight-reading and memorization skills. I didn't mention, of couse, her EXPRESSION, feeling and technique. For her mastery of those, there are NO WORDS. She, in My opinion is the GREATEST PIANIST EVER!!!!!!!! If I got to pick ANYONE TO SEE IN CONCERT, IT WOULD BE HER THAT I WOULD PICK FIRST. Just to watch her fingers race across the keyboard in a way no other can touch would be truly something that I would LOVE to experience in concert.-JUST WATCH THE VIDEO!!! :-O AMAZING!

I LOVE THIS QUOTE:

"Argerich brings to bear qualities that are seldom contained in one person: she is a pianist of brainteasing technical agility; she is a charismatic woman with an enigmatic reputation; she is an unaffected interpreter whose native language is music. This last may be the quality that sets her apart. A lot of pianists play huge double octaves; a lot of pianists photograph well. But few have the unerring naturalness of phrasing that allows them to embody the music rather than interpret it." - Alex Ross for The New Yorker in a 2001 article-(copied from Wikipedia)

Martha was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina on June 5, 1941. If Anyone fit the description of musical prodigy, it is her. She debuted at age eight playing Beethoven no less! She is PURE GENIUS.

2 comments:

  1. Holy nimble fingers, Batman! Wow, that was really impressive. I seriously saw a blur. Thanks for the cool, high-brow post. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :^D Thanks, Kaz. You are a Pal!

    ReplyDelete