Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Eunice Kennedy Shriver-A great Hero : GREAT WOMEN SERIES




Eunice Kennedy Shriver's influence has no bounds. Her work and activism on behalf of those Who would probably not have received it otherwise cannot be quantified. When Her brother-My Hero President John F. Kennedy was President, She was a major influence in His being the First President to really shed light and cast awareness on the plight of Mentally Challenged People. Eunice, Your efforts are so Christ-Like. You are A HERO to Me.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Cheranne. I know more about her daughter Maria than I ever knew about Eunice. I just read an article on CNN about how Eunice started the Special Olympics. I never knew that about her. What a hard-working and beautiful lady she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Stephanie, Eunice is a TRUE Hero in every sense of the word. I am kind od choked up right now. Putting thoughts together is kind of hard right now. I want to discuss Her more in depth soon. I know that this isn't much of an entry, but I just HAD to say something.
    Carolyn, Eunice NEVER grabbed Glory. She is TOTALLY one of the Unsung Heroes. Such a classy, Wonderful and relentlessly kind and inclusive Person. To Paraphrase someone on te Website in honor of Her made by The Special Olympics foundation: "We mourn Her, but Heaven announces Her (joyful)Arrival."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew much about Eunice except that she was one of the "Camelot" family of Kennedys. I'm looking forward to hearing more particulars later. Cherranne, you are one of the most compassionate people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Teacher,
    You are too Kind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Chaz! What a lady (you and Eunice)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that. I love it when you highlight these gems of historical women and enlighten us all.

    ReplyDelete